The secret to getting long-lasting dark, beautiful lashes
If you are like most women, you probably dream about waking up with dark, beautiful eyelashes without having to apply 5 coats of mascara or buy expensive false lashes. Or maybe you have found a great mascara, but you just can’t seem to find one that is ever “waterproof” enough to withstand our beautiful pools and beaches or an intense workout at the gym. Eyelash tinting services turn the dream of having dark and full lashes without worrying about running mascara a reality. And the best part about it is it’s a quick and affordable service.
What is eyelash tinting?
Eyelash tinting services are cosmetic procedures that use a semi-permanent, vegetable dye to darken and separate eyelashes without having to apply mascara or false lashes. The lash tinting process gives you the look of darker, fuller, and even longer lashes because the hair on your lashes are usually lighter towards the tips and we don’t even realize it.
The eyelash tinting process
While you may come across DIY at-home lash tinting kits, it is essential that you have your eyelash tinting completed by a trained and highly-skilled esthetician who uses high-quality dye and works in a clean salon. Here is what you can expect your lash tinting service to be like:
- You and your esthetician will work together to choose the proper tint color for your eyes
- Your esthetician will remove any makeup you have on around the eye and will thoroughly cleanse the area
- Your esthetician will mix your chosen tint color and the developer
- Your esthetician will then apply a cream on the skin around your lashes to protect the skin from staining
- Your esthetician then adds a curved cotton pad on top of the cream
- You will need to shut your eyes and keep them closed throughout the tinting process
- Your esthetician will use a small brush to apply the lash tinting dye to your eyelashes
- The lash tinting dye will need to sit and set for about 10 minutes
- Your esthetician will then remove the tint dye and clean around your lashes and eyes to complete the process.
The end result should be beautiful eyelashes with a light, natural mascara look. You can still add a coat of mascara on top of your tinted lashes for an added boost in length or fullness.
How long will eyelash tinting last?
Your eyelash tinting service will last about as long as it takes for your current lashes to fall out and for new, un-tinted lashes to take their place. You may not realize it, but this typically happens within a four to six-week period. The amount of time your tinting service will last varies from one person to another, some clients report it lasting nearly the full six weeks while others report it fading within two to three weeks.